Monday, January 5, 2009

Sometimes You're The Bug

I thought I had it all planned out. I was planning to spend about $20 on a WAGS gift card and make off with over $100 worth of stuff. Not a bad week all in all. Plus I thought I'd end up with about $20 in RR meaning I was basically shopping on the house. But, alas, it didn't quite work out that well.

For starters I thought I'd be able to get 4 bottles of vitamins for free plus generate some RR. But the coupons I needed were in a coloring book which my store was out of. So right off the bat the deal would have cost an extra $4. Then, they were out of the vitamins--well actually they only had 2 and I needed 4 for the deal. Bummer. So the $10 RR was a no go. Then there was a sweet cereal deal. Buy 4 for $10 and get 3RR. I had coupons for $4 so my deal was 4 boxes for $3. Except they were out of the ones I had the coupons for. ARGH! So no RR this week. Major bummer.

Still for $22.68 I got:
10pk instant oatmeal
40 Electrosol auto dishwasher gelpacs
3 cans Ajax
64Oz soft soap refill
1 soft soap dispenser
1 Garnier conditioner
2 bottles palmolive dish soap
3 packs of gum
1 candy cane (cheapest filler I could find)
2 mascaras
1 box garnier hair dye
2 13oz jars petroleum jelly

Not too shabby. I was sorry to burn up so much of my gift card, but sometimes that happens. Also because of the cereal and vitamin debacle my coupon count was off. (At WAGS if you use 20 coupons you must have 20 items)

CVS worked a little better:
1palmolive dish soap
1 bottle Dr Pepper
1 Garnier Shampoo

Cost: 11cents OOP plus 3ECB got back 2ECB's. Not exactly a free rollover but not bad. As a coupon newbie I have learned that it's ok to try even when things don't go perfectly. Some savings are better than none. Relax, have fun, and just think that every dollar saved is a dollar that can be put to better use somewhere else. So grand total for the week was $6.36 spent and so far $62.78 saved. The only two items that weren't on my shopping list for the week were the 25 cent candy cane and the free bottle of Dr Pepper. In a past life the items that jumped into my cart cost waaaay more than that so progress is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment