Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Time For Everything

One of my favorite Bible verses is Ecclesiates 3: 1-8. There is a time for everything. So if this is not the time in your life for coupon mania, that's OK. Moderation is a good thing. It is OK to do a little or a lot or none at all. Frugality is not a disease that you catch to a certain degree or are immune to. It's OK to test the water. We all have things we won't do no matter what. We also have things that just aren't worth it right now, and that's OK too. For example I like soft sheets. REALLY soft sheets. The kind that feels so silky it's hard to believe they are cotton. Of course such comfort doesn't come cheap. I have made my peace with this luxury. I'd rather have one set of sheets that feel like sleeping on a cloud than a dozen scratchy cheap pairs. I don't care what they cost. So I understand that we all have different values. Maybe you feel spending $400 for one set of sheets is insane. Maybe you think clipping coupons is just too much to deal with now.

That's OK. It's OK to disagree. It's also all right to pick and choose. If something sounds good and you want to give it a try-- go for it. I'd love to hear about it. If it's not for you, fine. We all spend our money in different ways and thank heavens for that! What a boring place the world would be if we all thought the same way. Plus, I'd have a much harder time scoring sweet deals if everybody was in line for them! Not to mention getting sheets! (Yeah, I do have a sheet fetish...how'd you guess????) So it's OK to hang back and watch, or not. Whatever. But if sometime, in another season of your life, you change your mind you're always welcome and I'd love the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment